August 4, 2012

Dinner Date Night

While at work on Thursday I got a text from my love reading, "If you don't want to cook tonight we can go out to Salt Lake for Panera Bread and spend my $100 gift card on shopping spree!" Um, yes, thank you. I'm in!

Jordan has been helping doing a lot of random "honey-do's" around the office this summer; they've recently relocated and the boss wants everything decorated just so. Jordan has been hanging pictures, wall art, chandeliers and whatever else under the sun they ask him to do, so as a 'thank you' they got him a $100 AMEX gift card! Super nice, huh? Jordan knew I haven't had any luck finding maxi's or boho skirts long enough to fit [not like I'm really that tall-- guess you gotta be 5'4" to find a floor length maxi-dress this season. Ugh.] and being the amazing husband he is-- decided to take his hard earned reward and pamper me! Yay!
We went out to H&M [now two locations in Utah-- hooray!] where we could really get some bang for our buck! I only found one cute summer dress there and Jordan got a few new t-shirts. He told me when he shops now he asks himself, "Would Jef wear this?" Jordan got way into The Bachelorette and was rooting for Jef [Holm] from the beginning-- he idolizes that gorgeous swanky hipster! [I love him too!] ...now if only I could get Jordan to grow his hair like Jef's...

 [This was a size too small, so I couldn't get it, but I covet for it oh so bad!]

We had planned to go to Panera Bread since Jordan had a gift card for them as well [I told you- he's been doing a lot of errands!] Unfortunately the time-space continuum did not allow. iPhone told us there is a Panera Bread in the Midvale shopping center we were in, but it was no where to be found... when we looked at the Panera Bread website is says there aren't even any in Utah. We looked all over, but couldn't find one. So we spent a little time at Ross [okay, a little more than a little-- we were there for 45 minutes!] and I got some really cute outfits for Costa Rica!! Yay! Only 10 days til our trip. Let the countdown begin...

I've been covering for another manager who is out on vacation this week, so I don't have a day off. [Yuck.] And I am totally feeling it, but it was nice to have a little break in the monotony and spend some time with my hubby! Thanks for a great simple date, babe. It is good to just get out of the house and do simple things together sometimes, isn't it? That's why I love being married. Everything is more fun with two!

No comments: