October 22, 2013

The Ghost of Halloween Past

Our Ward Halloween Carnival is tonight and I am so excited to dress up for our first Halloween as a family! [We have matching costumes which I don't want to spoil yet, so stay tuned.] Our new friends, Kelsea, Jarrett and little Paisley are joining us in the fun, but have been having a hard time finding costumes and in her frustration she exclaimed, "I hate dressing up!" 
Hold the phone... SAY WHAT!!? 

No friend of mine can hate dressing up!
Dressing up is my one true love. 

So with Halloween fast approaching I thought it would be fitting to post the costumes of Halloween past. As well as a few from the olden days where we just dressed up for the love of dressing up...

  Most recently the whole family got our cow on for 
Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a. 

Honey Boo Boo along side pregnant Snooki and Hipster Pin-up Girl.


 Ooh, check out our Capitol Couture! 


Indians at Jordan's Mission Reunion. 

I don't just wear sweaters to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party... 
...I wear whole jumpsuits! 

 Yeeeeeeah, that's my older brother I'm backing it up into. The family that costumes together... umm..? Yeah I don't know where I'm going with that one. 
Lets just say my family is close and we have no shame. 

Bet you didn't see this one coming after that Slutty Santa costume did'j'ya? 

 And then there was the year I was... whatever THIS is.

 Futuristic Punky Brewster?? 

Nerd Power. 

Once, when going to the carnival, I dressed as a tourist and then I ran into this girl who was wearing the same shirt, but not ironically. She was FOR REAL. 

And received the laying on of hands by this bear. 
[Mormons will get this.]

Then there's my ALL-TIME FAVORITE, 
Michael Phelps!! 

[complete with man-nugget]

Lesbians at Gay Pride Parade in Providence. 
Is dressing like a lesbian a thing? 

Compton Cookout. 


 Those were the days, huh, Tabby!?

Okay this wasn't actually a costume, but Al Qeada deserves an honorary mention. 

 My brother and I made a cover band once. 

The fact that our electric guitars aren't plugged in might have been why we 
didn't end up booking too many shows. 

 If there's anyone who shares my affinity for dressing up, 
it's my cousins, Ashley and Sarah. 


Amy Winehouse. Before she died. 

I really wanted to paint myself BLUE, but blue tights had to do.
[Notice how pissed Kelly is in the background because I'm stomping the Doctors chance at winning the bank costume contest.]

In the end it came down to a battle between Smurfette and Marge Simpson 
and you know I took the trophy! 

A scouting uniform has never looked so good! 

 My infamous White Trash Birthday Bash.
 
Cleavage, tattoos, hickeys, karaoke and beer-- can't go wrong there. 

Then there were the times we used to dress up for the 
Midnight Cult Classic Movies at the dollar cinema... 
Super Troopers.

 Rocky Horror Picture Show. 
None of us had ever seen it, so we just dressed like street walkers 
and hoped for the best! 

As you can see it started young.

Cheers to many more years of transformations! 
...and getting my little one [and future additional little ones] involved in the fun!

And that's all she wrote!
 

No comments: