February 21, 2014

Baby on the outside!


Once upon a time I was great at updating the blog... and not just with little baby pics [though adorable,] I had thoughts on subjects other than the consistency of poop, diaper rash cream and wondering, "is there anything that coconut oil can't fix?" 

Then along came baby-- and POOF! there went all my free time. 
[It took my social life along with it!] 

So you'll have to excuse me that Harrison is just a few days shy of 10 months and I'm only barely posting his 9 month update. I've been busy trying to pin down his poopy bottom long enough to slap a fresh diaper on it, so I haven't really had a lot of time to sit and type without this very mobile baby boy pulling on my leg. And yes, that is my second mention of poop in just 3 paragraphs, welcome to Mommy Life. 

It's okay though, you haven't missed much; a lot of fake burping and farting to keep the little man entertained. 

Harrison's top teeth fully emerged this month, which has been great because he is really starting to like exploring new foods. He swipes food right out of my hands, my food not his! He's packing on a little weight, but this Mama isn't losing any... what the heck? You'd think the lack of food and all my running around after him would suffice for diet and exercise, but I suppose I'm going to need to put in a little more effort if I want to get some resemblance of my pre-baby body back.

I hope we may have a walker on our hands soon! 
Harrison has been taking assisted steps since about 7 months, but I fear we're enabling him because he wont attempt to go anywhere without Mom or Dad. He doesn't even trust his walker, but honestly I wouldn't trust a talking dinosaur either. It has the voice of a man simply saying "ROAR!" I'm not really sure how to explain it... say "ROAR" out loud right now.... yeah, that's about it. So it's a little bit of a fishy character, always giving me the side eye. Okay, that's just how it was designed, eyes on the side of its fake plastic head, but still... somethings just not right with that thing and Harrison senses it. 

He's a very smart little baby. Thinking, learning, and applying new skills daily. It's so fun to watch his brain tick as he figures out new things. Daddy loves messing with him, so Harrison is certainly developing humility at an early age. 

I know everyone says it all the time, just add me to the group of cliche mothers, but I cannot believe how quickly my little boy is growing and how fast time flies! He has officially been on the outside as long as he was inside! [To quote my friend Julie.] Longer even, considering my laziness in updating punctually. 

Daddy and I love our little rugrat so much! He's such a blessing. I go to bed exhausted and wake up much, much to early, but I wouldn't trade it for the world-- this boy is my world!

No comments: