November 3, 2013

Six Month Update!

"I'm a half a year old, where's my party!?" 
[click picture to enlarge] 

Half a year come and gone!
We celebrated six months of baby bliss a week and a half ago. I know, I know, I'm a little behind on the update, but we've been pretty busy. Harrison's six month mark was on the 25th and then came Halloween, along with Daddy's birthday and lots of festivities. Mommy has carved out some time this weekend for Baby's update photo though. 

We took the photo sesh last weekend outside the church where all these beautiful yellow maple leaves had fallen and Harrison was not feeling it! This is about the closest to a smile we were able to coax out of him. He had just cut his FIRST TOOTH that morning and was not in a good mood. The crunchy leaves did not help, as he seemed to be scared of them and cried, cried, cried! 

Harrison is growing so fast, but I love it! I know most moms say it goes by too fast, but I rather enjoy watching him grown and learn to become more independent. Now, I'm sure I'll still be one of those sappy mom's crying at his first birthday party, sobbing toward the heavens, "where does the time go?!" but for now I am just enjoying the ride! 

Jordan and I have been having so much fun enjoying life with this little guy. Our new role as parents, I believe, suits us both well. Jordan is so helpful with Harrison, I truly could not ask for a better husband and father. He is an amazing man. And as for me, I am so grateful to be able to stay home with my baby to teach him and watch him engaging the big world around him. There are days that I am jealous that Jordan gets to get dressed nice, go to work and talk to ADULTS, but I am so glad never to miss a moment in these early months with my son. 

Harrison is a beautiful blessing in our lives. God has sent us one of his angels and we are so in love with him! 

**Sorry that the update is so hard to read, there wasn't really a font or color that stood out on those leaves, but if you click to enlarge it read a lot easier.** 

No comments: