April 10, 2012

Easter Highlights & Photos

  • I got to sleep in until 9:00 before having to get ready for church.
  • Jordy gave me a cute CUPCAKE Easter basket filled w/ goodies!
[We have already eaten all the treats!] 
[Those are 4" heels, mind you! And I didn't even fall!] 
  • Best testimony ever by little Pelissie boy--  "... we were at an Easter egg hunt yesterday and my cousins were there, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." 
  • I taught a lesson on The Immortality of the Soul in Relief Society, which though a hard topic for me, went really well and we had lots of great comments from the Sisters who brought The Spirit and meaning of Easter and the Resurrection to the lesson. 
  •  It was so sunny on our bike ride home I just wanted to keep riding, but Jordan had a little church work to help out with, so I went home and prepared lunch for us. 
  • Tuna wraps and a picnic outside under the SUN while we lounged and read our books / books in the great Sunday weather! 
  • While we were relaxing [and napping, I fell asleep] outside... someone was sneaking into our house because we had left the door wide open to let in the nice air....
 Oreo!!
[Backstory: Oreo is a street cat, who, I'm sure belongs to someone in the neighborhood, though she has no collar. She wandered into our open door once as a kitten and I fed her tuna and tried to keep her, telling Jordan it was clearly a sign that I was supposed to have her. But Jordan wouldn't let me keep her because the little girls we think she belongs to would miss her. Even though she's an outside cat with no tags!-- so that means she's up for grabs, right? He laughingly said, "If you love her set her free!" So I pushed her out that night and now-- months later she has come back to me!! She loves me. Annnnnd I told Jordan it is definitely a sign this time. And that God was giving me a kitty for Easter, just like I always wanted!]
  • We fed Oreo some tuna and let her hang around for a while as I watched her, enthralled by the turtles and guppy fish. 
  • I had a nice chat with our neighbor, Clarise, as she pruned her mini herb garden.
  • Jordan and I decided to take full advantage of the weather and go for a walk down to the park. 
[Jordan was being a schoolyard bully and taking up both swings!]
  • Jordan impressed me with his backflip out of the swings, which I did not believe he could do.
[He's not quite as high in the air as I had hoped, but still impressive.]
  • We saw the chubbiest Mexican/Asian little 4 year old girl scream her head off in fright as her dad pushed her, for apparently her first time experiencing a defiance of gravity, in a baby swing. 
  • Finally, we enjoyed a late Easter dinner; complete with mashed potatoes, spinach stuffed crescent rolls and stuffing with chicken, not turkey because every one of them at the store was 20 lbs.
Happy Easter!
 

5 comments:

Mama J said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Glad you both enjoyed it :) Love Mom

steffany said...

haha you guys are so cute i love you!

Anonymous said...

You are a great bike rider. I don't know how you do it.

amber said...

A- are you stalking me?

Anonymous said...

Sweet Shorts!
-A