April 13, 2013

Dino-love!

Throughout this pregnancy I've been eyeing a lot of baby room crafts on Pinterest and my early Maternity Leave has left me with the some time on my hands to take advantage of my innermost modern-day Martha Stewart! This week I started a couple wall art ideas and have so far finished one-- a dino button canvas I just LOVE! 

Here is my [p]inspiration 

And here is MY personal work of ART! 
I love, love, love this piece! 
I think it is just the right amount of rough and tumble little boy mixed with sweet baby love.

 It actually took longer than I expected because I am a little bit OCD [shout-out to my girl, Kelsey!] and had to get all the button placement just right. The small heart was the hardest because it's a specific shape and working on a smaller scale was harder with less room to work with than the dino or the larger heart. This project all-in-all, had I done it all in one sitting can be done in about an hour. You have to layer the buttons to get the shape right and I was especially careful to make sure ALL buttons are glued heavily and will not fall off as this will be hanging above Baby's crib; and I would not want any loose buttons falling into the crib, creating a choking hazard.

I was originally going to hang it with two other sized canvases I am working on in a hodge podge, multi-sized frames sort of bohemian way, but now that I see it I am considering making two more... except I already picked the simplest shaped dinosaur I could think of and I'm not sure I'm talented enough to do a T-Rex, Stegosaurus or Triceratops. Stegosaurus was initially at the top of my list, but I wasn't feeling too ambitious with my first craft attempt-- like ever! 

I'll post more this week as I finish my other crafty ideas. I'm so excited to see his room come together and to show you the finished room, it's looking great so far!   

No comments: