April 13, 2013

"Is it okay to buy a bag to match your mani-pedi?"

This weekend has been busy, busy already and my dear husband has just been a saint throughout!

Our schedule started off with our 38 week appointment on Thursday afternoon. We are now driving an hour from Salt Lake to Provo for check-ups, since we've recently moved! Ugh. Doctor said my urine and blood pressure are looking better, belly is looking great and my weight has actually maintained for the last week-- which the nurse tells me is normal. At least with my blood pressure stabilized, we are not having to make the trip twice a week as he was having us do while I was being monitored for preeclampsia. 

Last night I had to pick Jordan up from work early [again] and drive back out to Provo [Springville this time, actually!] for our first of a three session birthing class. I wasn't sure how much Jordan would love sitting through 3 three hour classes this week, after he'd already attended a 5 hour class given by the hospital last month, but he's being great about all of it! We want to learn as much about my body and the baby as possible, we're just absorbing the knowledge like little sponges. Knowledge is power! After class we had date night-- dinner and a movie. We saw Admission, love Paul Rudd, but even his babe-o-licious-ness couldn't keep me awake until midnight. Baby sucks the life right out of me and makes me so tired! 
Thankfully we were staying near Provo at a friends house so we didn't have to drive all the way home. Also our second class session was this morning at 11, so it was great not having to make a million trips back and forth in just two days.

After class we went shopping a little for a new bed set and turned up empty handed...

...but my WONDERFUL HUSBAND did buy me this!!  
FASHIONABLE DIAPER BAG! 

I have been on a QUEST [  let --  me --  tell --  you!  ] for a gorgeous diaper bag ...   ...under $200!...  and they simply do not exist! Last week I finally decided I just needed to start looking for a regular bag with multiple pocket and zippers and what do you know!? We walk into TJMaxx and find this beauty just sitting there waiting for me! It's got two outside zipper pockets, 2 pockets [great for bottles] on one side inside and a zippered pocket on the other side. The kicker is that down the middle of the inside there's an attached zipper the length of the bag, so it is not only another zipper compartment, but acts as a separator splitting the bag in two more compartments! I can carry it any one of three ways; classic clutch, over the shoulder and it has a messenger bag attachment for across the chest.
It's like I dreamed this bag into existence! 
I love it so much! 
 I am going to be a super fashionista mama with bag in one hand and beautiful baby boy in the other!! 

Tonight Jord brought me home Dominos pizza and wings, my guilty pleasure! And we're off to watch a RedBox riiiiight now! Perfect little weekend. 
xoxoxox. 


No comments: