June 18, 2013

Mommy & Daddy's Second First Date!

Jordan and I decided to take advantage of my parents being in town and [hesitantly] let them babysit H for a night while we went out on our second first date! 
As you can see, Harrison is not a happy camper and Mama is very sad to have to leave him. 

I remember when Jordan picked me up for our first date... I had just gotten home from a first day of work [at a biker bar in Lake Elsinore...yeah, that job lasted all of three days] and was not even dressed when he came to the door. Luckily for him, I am a pretty low maintenance girl so I was ready in a matter of minutes! Okay, I may have become a little more high maintenance over the years. ...just a little though, right babe? He took me out for Indian food and told me all about serving a mission in India and then to the play, "Guys and Dolls." It was great, I had never had such a thought out date. I was used to dinner and a movie, you know how the guy asks you where you wanna go and you have no idea his budget or food interests so you both sit in the car hemming and hawing until he finally says, "Does Fridays sound good?" or even worse, Applebee's! Jordan was different though, he had the night planned all planned out for me. And I still make fun of him for how it ended... after the play he took me straight home, no stopping in the park to talk [and kiss], no taking the long way home to talk [...and kiss!] Jordan drove me straight home, pulled up to the curb and said he'd had a good time and 'goodnight.' He didn't walk me up to the door or even get out of his car! Man, for as wonderful as the date itself was, he's lucky he ever got a second date with the way he ended the night! 

Our first date as parents was much like our first first date, in that we had exotic fare for dinner. Okay, well sushi is still exotic to some people. And we saw a movie instead of a play. Jordan did walk me to the door this time and there was lots of kissing! 

It was nice to have some quiet time to ourselves, but you can bet I was loving and kissing on my baby when we got home! 

1 comment:

Mama J said...

I am glad you had a nice night out. Take advantage of your alone time since you don't get much of it anymore :)