May 28, 2012

Esther & Magic Man

While Jordan and I were visiting California after Christmas time, we saved two baby turtles, Esther and Magic Man, from the perilous evils that awaited them on the corner shoppe in China Town. We saved them from the fate of being cooked into turtle soup or worse yet.. becoming the first/trail pet to some kid like Sid or Darla! We traveled them across the California/Utah border without any effort at all! Really, we had then fully visible in the center console between us and were never even stopped. [I should take up smuggling illegal immigrants and make me some cash money! Kidding.] We have since made them a happy little home in their tank atop our bookshelf!

 Last night I had the pleasure of cleaning the turtle tank [after it hadn't been cleaned for a month-ew!]
We initially bought 7 baby guppies for the tank as a treat to go with their daily feedings. We figured they could eat the fish whenever they liked and it would be good fun for them to chase them around... well 7 have turned to a few dozen! We may have introduced the guppies too early, when our babies were too small to know what to do with them, because they have since adopted a "fish are friends" mentality and haven't seemed to have eaten any and the fish keep multiplying!! When I clean the tank I try to save as many little guys as I can, but the tiny pinpoint sized babies don't always cooperate and last night I lost two down the drain. [Sad Face.]
While I was cleaning Jordan was doing homework and hanging out with our little babies. I snapped a few shots of them on Jordans new iPhone before we put them back in their nice new crystal clean clear tank. 

Giving each other loves!

Magic Man on the left and Esther on the right 
She takes after Mommy and eats everything in sight! 



No comments: