May 22, 2012

My Asian Nephew

[We stole an Asian baby!] 


This weekend Jordan's sister, Bailey came out from Canada, with her adorable little baby Kaiden. Kaiden was born on the same day Jordan and I were married, so I vowed him to be my arch nemesis forever, but damn it-- he is growing up to be so cute!

[Smart Asian] 
My mother-in-law asked if my glasses were so big to prove I was so smart? Of course! Mine are extra big because I am extra smart. And so are Asians... we decided to perpetuate the stereotype and have Kaiden wear these glasses while we asked him complex math questions! 

[Hey baby, don't eat my baby!] 
We already saved our baby turtles from becoming turtle soup when we rescued them from a China Town street vendor, but here he is after my little turtle-- a bite sized morsel for a bite sized Asian. 

["Giddy-up you stupid White American!"] 
Kaiden riding Jordan-the-bucking-bronco!

Jordans family was only out for the weekend, so we got to see as much of them as we could, but it wasn't much between work, homework, church and the hour drive to Salt Lake. I guess I'll have to finally get my passport and go see that cute little munchkin again. Plus Bailey's due with her second in November, so that'll give us an excuse to cross the border. I'm hoping for a girl and wondering if she'll look more like Bay than Kai does?? He looks like an exact replica of his daddy, to me anyway... but they all look alike don't they!? Ha ha ha, I only kid! I kid! I can only say it because they're family. And because Bailey is just as bad as I am about it... "riiiiiiiiiiiice!" 
Hope we get to see them again soon! 


2 comments:

jiggajordan said...

he is a pretty cute kid. almost as cute as you.

jiggajordan said...

ps. we should get you a passport.