February 4, 2013

29 weeks & 29 years old!

Yesterday was... muh birfffday! 

29 years old. 
Agh!!

So I'm 29 years old and 29 weeks pregnant. Man, oh man, 29 weeks. Almost 30 and then comes 40  [in age too... oh how my life is passing before my eyes!] 

At 29 weeks I still haven't had any cravings. I mean, I want to eat things sometimes, but never like leaving the house at 1 am in a robe for one certain thing. Unless you count milk-- which was my addiction before this baby. I am eating a lot of smaller meals vs. 3 regular meals a day because Baby is taking up so much room in there anything more than a few bites fills up the rest of the room in my belly. 

My Baby Showers are less than a month away and I'm getting really excited to spend an afternoon with  my friends and family showing off the bump! I just bet everyone is going to want to feel him kick, but he has stage fright and doesn't perform for others often. Mainly, he's just so active at night before bed and a lot in the morning now too! Definitely feeling him much more throughout the day though too, just not when anyone wants a kick of their own. He has found his sweet spot-- I believe he is head down to  the left and kicking me on the right and punching below the belt. I rarely feel too much movement on my left side, but doctor says that's normal; as he grows he'll start to take up more of his room and so he's just found his comfy place already. 

I am definitely feeling a lot of changes in my body as I've entered my last trimester. My hips are shifting and let me tell you I can feel it!! Feeling better than I was last week, but maybe just because I've become used to it. Getting up and down is a pain [literally] and putting my socks and shoes on is a new task. I've been snoring throughout the pregnancy, which Jordan just loves [not!], but I am getting more sleep through the night. However, finding a comfy position to actually fall asleep has proven troublesome!  

Haven't had to buy any maternity clothes just yet; as you can tell by my colorful outfit above I'm working with what I've got for now. My mother in law and little sister in law did get me the cutest maternity tip for Christmas though, which I just love! Aaaaaand, I did get a B-Band that holds up my pre-pregnancy pants, I've only worn it once, but I think I'll like it even after pregnancy to keep all my jiggles tucked in real nice! 
 *sigh
...oh the jiggles to come! 

Overall, even through the sickness and pain, pregnancy has been a great blessing! I love how my body is changing and love getting to see my little belly grow week by week. [I wish my thighs weren't growing as rapidly though!] I've been doing a lot of reading and feel as prepared as I can be at this point. Jordan and I still need to take a Mommy/Daddy Prep. Class, which I'm looking forward too. But otherwise I'm sure we've got it down. We'll learn as we go and make our fair share of mistakes along the way. Oops! Our baby will have two parents who love him so dearly and that's what matters most! 

No comments: