February 27, 2013

California!

California here I come!
I'm here in sunny California for a [whole!] week visiting family and friends.
My second Baby Shower is this weekend and I'm really looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family I haven't seen in the last year! Aside from Cindy & Mark, who just visited, nobody has seen me the entire pregnancy. Nobody has ever seen me soooooo FAT! And I can bet my sister will just love making fun of me and poking at my belly.

I flew out Monday night and let me tell you-- NOBODY offered me any help! I clearly look very pregnant and people were just staring at me as I struggled with my carry-on. I took a rest on the moving sidewalk and just stood to the right side, while everyone on the opposite track just gawked at me like a lepper! ...like I had a bomb under my shirt instead of a BABY!
I guess people still aren't comfortable with the idea of pregnant women flying [even though, rest assured-- there is no risk in flying, even in the 3rd trimester.]

While I'm here it's not all fun and games-- I'm helping my MIL and dad with some projects! My MIL is an amazing quilter, so she's helping me make a baby carrier cover, some swaddle blankets and a receiving blanket. We went fabric shopping yesterday and we found such cute patterns, so I'm really excited for the outcome! Before Jordan and I were married I worked with my dad at his upholstery shop and tomorrow I'm headed back into work, 9 months pregnant[!],  to help re-upholster a high chair we received hand-me-down. I'm really grateful that our growing family has such loving and talented grammies and grandpas who are able to help us make everything unique for Baby!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice blog. best of luck with the baby.