February 4, 2013

India Palace w/ Aunt & Uncle

My Aunt Cindy and Uncle Mark are out from Southern California to spend the week skiing in Park City and they stopped in to Provo to take me and Jordan out to lunch for my birthday!! 
I haven't seen them in a year and they are officially the first in my family to see me pregnant! So I told my Aunt she can rub it in my moms face.
They got into town Friday evening and though I had to work, the hubby was still great enough to take them out to dinner and entertain! I had him take them to Malawi's Pizza, in Provo, so they could see what I do. I'm in SLC now, so they didn't get the full AMBER Experience, but no need to drive into the city in Friday night traffic just to get some pizza... which they loved! 

We met up on Saturday morning at our apartment and chatted for almost an hour and a half before going out to lunch! Who knew we'd have so much to talk about!? We talked about travels, the baby... and of course my birthday plans for the next day! And since it was my birthday lunch I got to choose-- Indian!! Jordan and I haven't been in a while and my aunt mentioned they loved it, so we were all excited to go to Bombay House, but it turns out it was only open for dinner. :(  Boo. Luckily India Palace is right on Center Street and our second favorite Indian restaurant. We got sooo much food; a few chicken dishes and I tried Lamb for the first time, yum! And I could eat Naan all day long! We all ordered super spicy, but they must have thought we were too white to handle the real spice because we definitely could have gone a few more notches in the heat department! [Even Baby likes the spice because he never complains when I eat spicy foods.]

Lunch was great though, so delicious! We had some to take home for Jordan's snack later too.

Aunt Cindy and Uncle Mark had to get on the road to check into their timeshare in Park City, so we said our 'goodbye's' and of course took some pictures.
When Aunt Cindy said I was so tall, Uncle Mark just laughed! 
He says he's only 5'3" and that's on a good day!

Aunt Cindy also said she was expecting my bump to be BIGGER-- 
are you kidding me!? Look at that thing!    
 Thanks for Birthday Lunch Aunt Cindy and Uncle Mark! 

It was great to see some family, not many of my family makes it out here to the frozen tundra that is Utah, haha. 

No comments: