January 27, 2013

28 Weeks Later [...from conception, not as in the scary movie]

Here I am -- nearing the 30 week mark. 

Man, it is going by crazy fast, my baby registry tells me I have only 85 days left to expected arrival of Baby. Yikes! I'm getting really excited to meet our baby and honestly, a little nervous about how this baby is going to come out of me! My body has been changing a lot this past week as I enter my third trimester. I tell Jordan I can feel my pelvic bones BREAKING! He laughs at me and tells me they're not breaking, I know they're just shifting and widening, but he's not the one feeling the pain! These last two days I've felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck! 
Saturday I believe I experienced my first case of Braxton Hicks contractions. As my body prepares itself for the real deal it will start to have fake contractions to teach itself how to deliver this baby. It's good to know that at least my body knows what's happening because I sure don't. It's funny though because people describe the 'fake' contractions I'll be having as 'similar to real contractions,' but how am I, a first time mother, supposed to know what that means!? Ha. So while at work on Friday night I felt some dull cramping in my lower abdomen and of course it worried me because it was a new physical feeling I had not experienced before and the only similar feeling I could equate it to was that of menstrual cramping. I have come to realize that a lot of normal pregnancy pains feel like period pains, so I try not to freak out so immediately. I texted a few friends who'd fairly recently had babies and they described just what I was feeling as Braxton Hicks, that calmed me and I just took a break from work and put my feet up for a few minutes to relax. 

Relaxing is a bit hard since I am still working VERY full time [full time + some!]
I have promised Jordan [and my body!] that I will be able to cut back here very soon, but it feels like I've been saying that for weeks! [I have.] And my Baby Showers are coming soon, so I'll get to utilize some much needed vacation time at the end of February!  


I am feeling much better today than I felt Friday and Saturday; however little things are becoming very hard to do-- little things like rolling over in bed. Now I see why dogs get treats for doing such a seemingly simple task! 


No comments: