January 20, 2013

Jane, his wife.


Jordan lost his wallet! 
Ugh. He noticed it was missing on Thursday morning and we've since searched the house and cars high and low... to no avail! It's gone. I've been quizzing him in an attempt to try to get him to remember where he may have left it, but he's sadly become convinced that he threw it out at the gas station. Which he secretly blames on me-- because he was cleaning out my car at the time in question. 

We were able to carpool to work everyday last week because of some traded days in my schedule [yay!] and on Wednesday night we stopped to get gas. Jordan had taken my last Swiss Roll in his lunch, when all I had was an apple and two oranges, so I thought this meant for sure I was deserving of a treat! I asked him for a dollar so I could run in for a candy bar. He opened his wallet and moved past the five and ten dollar bill to hand me two one dollar bills. Um, hello? I didn't literally mean ONE dollar, what if they have KING sized bars on sale 2 for $2.22, as they often do? 
[I was just pretending to be the stereotypical wife and teasing him to empty his wallet on me! *Think Jane in the intro to "The Jetsons"
"Maybe I would like a treat too," he said, and handed me the five. While I was checking out, Jordan had time to fill up the tank and clean out the mess inside my car. I don't keep my car quite as clean as his; it's littered with half empty work cups, smashed water bottles and apple cores.

This is where it all went wrong! 

He fears he must have trashed his wallet along with it all. He said yesterday, that he remembers thinking to himself, 'Maybe she needs some of this?' but then figured who needed rotting apple cores ?? and threw it all away. Somewhere in his hands was his wallet and now somewhere in the dump it lies. Boo. 
By Friday Jordan had still insisted it must be in the house or car somewhere [fingers crossed it still could be!] but when his all day Saturday search came up empty handed, I made him give in and call our cards to cancel them. "Better safe than sorry," I say, and honestly I wasn't really that comfortable waiting until the weekend to call either. He finally caved and canceled all his cards. 

I'm not so afraid that anyone got a hold of them because Jordan called the gas station and asked when the trash was picked up and if they have any bums digging around for buried treasure. Thankfully they said there were little to no trash diggers and the garbage truck came on Friday morning. 

So, what's the lesson here? 
When your wife tells you to 'fork it over' you should listen to her, because now we are out that extra 12 bucks he wouldn't give me. And when she says she'll clean her car-- she will... when she gets around to it. ;) 

No comments: