January 13, 2013

26 weeks

It's the final countdown... 
dun, nuh, nuh, nuh, dun, nuh, nuh-nuh nuh... 
Less than 100 days to go!

If we make it to 40 complete weeks then we've only 98 days until we get to meet our little nugget! Old wives tales say that boys come late and first births come late too, Baby is both, so we'll see how long he holds out in there. I'm anxious to get to hold him in my arms, but we've still got a lot to get organized before he gets here, so we'll be patient and welcome him whenever he's ready!



Baby Daddy and I went out yesterday for an all day-baby registering spree! 
We found a crib and changing table we really like, from Ikea, but we'll wait and get it delivered after we find a home. We're definitely going to be cutting everything really close-- we've been waiting until Jordan graduated and got accepted full time at work until we made any final decisions on where we'd end up. We've got to get the ball rolling now, but life certainly hasn't settled down any more for us, even now that the holidays and hoopla are over.  

It is a little nerve-racking not being settled in yet. I'd love to start painting a nursery and getting Baby's room all set up, but I guess there will also be some fun in throwing it all together at the last minute! Right? Maybe. Until that time comes, I'm just telling myself to relax, I've got 3 months left and it'll all work out in the end. 

Oh, and for all of you saying I'm SO SMALL, here's a side view-- look at that BUMP


2 comments:

Amelia said...

You are HUGE!! ;) Just kidding. Cute. And relax, let me tell you about our first baby...a boy... that was 12 days LATE and induced... Justin and I both graduated 3 weeks after he was born. He slept in a pack and play for 8 months. We sold our house, lived with his sister for 2 months, then moved to Edmonton! CRAZY!!! ha ha. None of my kids got a 'nursery' until #4. :) Well, the girls got one when they were 8 months. But I know how you feel, wanting to get settled and know where you are going to be! Good luck! Keep on growing! :)

Amelia said...

Oh yeah, and justin was applying for med school and we didn't even know where we were going to live...or get in. Canada? US? no idea!