January 1, 2013

Christmas

We had a great Christmas with Jordan's family this year! 
His parents and all his siblings came out from California & Canada and we all spent some time at his grandparents cabin up in the snow in Heber Valley. The holidays at work were no different than any other time at work for me... busy, busy, busy! Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any time off,so between work and rushing back and forth to the cabin to spend a night or a half a day-- me and Baby are exhausted! I did have lots of fun though. We rarely make visits to Cali and haven't yet made the trek to Canada, so we see very little of our nieces and nephews; it was great to get to spend some time with them, now that they are old enough to mess with. 
[Jordan's favorite past-time: messing with little kids!]

When everyone came to visit me at work for dinner, our 6 year old nephew Taco said I was 'too fat' and should 'stop eating so much pizza,' his mom blushed and said, "She's pregnant... that's a baby in there!" to which he responded, "Well then your baby needs to stop eating so much pizza!" 
Thanks kid! *Sigh. 

K couldn't remember my name because she was only about 3 the last time I saw her, so she kept calling me "Aunt Jordan," which I thought was just adorable! I was actually amazed at the connection her little 4 year old mind made-- understanding that I was married to her 'Uncle Jordan' and that made me her 'Aunt' so I must just be "Aunt Jordan." Clever little kids! 

The older boys, along with my mother in law joined Jordan and I for midnight mass on Christmas Eve, we couldn't get the car up to the cabin all the way so we had to hike back up to the cabin at 2 in the morning! About a quarter mile, uphill, barefoot in the snow... okay we weren't barefoot, but when we tell the story to our grandkids, one day, we will make the necessary exaggerations! Christmas morning was nice to spend with little ones running around, Jordan and I are excited for the years ahead when that same childrens excitement will be in our home! 

The week was lots of fun, with sledding, BINGO!, Secret Santa exchanges, trampoline parks, good meals and of course tons of candy!
We topped off the week with family portraits... which was... well, eventful- to say the least. There are 5 grandkids under 7 to round up and try to get to look at the camera and smile all at once. To say it was impossible is an understatement! 

Here are a few of the nicer ones that turned out...
Jordan & Amber small family portrait

Siblings Picture

I thought my dress would be really cute and stand out in the pictures, well-- you couldn't miss me that's for sure... 
or US rather!  

WHO WORE IT BETTER?  
*This was NOT planned. My mother-in-law came walking up my stairs before church, ready for family pictures and I was like, "Natalie Hughes!!" She couldn't change because her suitcase was in SLC and I was too lazy to change, so we just went with the twins thing. Oh well...
We both rocked it! 

No comments: