July 3, 2013

We Are a Wilderness Family!

Last weekend we joined our ward for a one-night camping trip; which was just long short enough to see if our little man has the same Fern Gully, wilderness blood as his Mama and Daddy. I was a little hesitant to take him out camping simply because of the sun and the heat, but Daddy was really excited to get him out in the trees and open air! We met up at the campgrounds and little H was still sleeping from the car ride, so we got a quiet campfire dinner... umm, actually we had Jimmy Johns sandwiches because packing, cooking and cleaning up food was more than I wanted to tackle with an infant in tow. 
When Baby woke up he just couldn't stop looking up at the sky and trees. He is such a curious little guy. I swear he came out of the womb with open eyes looking at the new and big world around him! 



Harrison woke for his early morning feeding and I swear I heard a bear!! I knew it was just Bro. D. in the tent behind us, but I still woke Jordan to double check. Look how far out we are and I know bears just love the smell of dirty diapers!

Campfire Stories. 
[...and some GLEE-rific (ew!) church camp songs-- yikes!]

"What was that noise!?"
Look at those eyes! I guess those campfire stories really scared him. 

Oh, and apparently he doesn't like bugs either. What a baby!




He survived the night. The bugs. The sun. The ghost stories. The snoring bear.
And lived to tell the story of his very first camping trip at just 2 months! 

No comments: