March 20, 2012

DIY[-ellow]

I was lounging around the house today on my day off, just doing a little household cleaning when I decided to get a little crafty and DIY fix up some old pumps of mine.
There wasn't a whole lot wrong with them aside from a few scuffs on the front and the back from where my heel hits the dirty car mat when I drive and just the fact that they're about three years old or so. They just used to be really vibrant YELLOW canvas wedges and lack the luster they once had... so I grabbed the hubs' acrylic canvas paint and here is how they turned out...

left is 'after' & right is 'before' 

KAZOW! 
Okay, so this one is edited a little because I had to darken the carpet so it wouldn't look as messy as it actually is, but the shoes are almost really that bright.

So if you have some old canvas-type shoes and any sort of fabric paint, I even thought about using spray paint earlier this week before I remembered Jord had old paints in the closet, you can have a new pair of shoes in no time.
I also sewed Jordan's button back on his suit because I know how embarrassed he was when passing the sacrament last week. He was standing up there with all the other well-taken-care-of husbands as his top button hang halfway off and he couldn't even button his jacket when he stood for fear that the button would pop off and be lost entirely. So, yeah. I fixed him right up. Two very easy tasks I did today, but let me bask in it, eh?

No comments: