March 15, 2012

PIG gets a brother!

Today I was having a bad day on top of a bad day!
When I'm having a rough time I try to remember to be grateful for all the many blessings in my life.
Jordan is usually at the top of this list!
My husband is such a great husband. Tonight he even brought me my contact lens case with saline and my glasses to the bed for me because I was being too lazy to get up and take out my contacts. He waited for me to take them out then brought it all back into the bathroom for me. Great husband or what? I know-- he enables my lazy habits sometimes. And I love him for it!!
Because I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day I decided to go get Jordan a small treat. If I can't be happy at least he can be! So I went to the dollar store to look for a silly gift and you will never believe what I found...

I got to use my monster wrapping paper which makes me happy! 

And this is his excited monster face. 
 I can tell he is very excited because of how many teeth he is showing! 

 
WHAT'S IT GONNA BE!? 
....??


 A baby manatee! 

Jordan's favorite animal is a manatee. I know boys don't really pick favorites like girls do as far as colors and cartoon characters and baby animals... but he always finds a way to bring manatees into the conversation. Also, he at least is acting like he likes it a lot, which is very sweet of him since I also know boys are not very into stuffed animals. Whatever, he was one left over birthday dollar well spent! 



 [Some fathers in the wild are known to eat their babies.]


It turns out Jordan had been having a pretty rotten day today as well... he has a very heavy course load this semester and has not even had a Spring Break from classes. I am happy that "baby manatee," who has yet to receive a name, can cheer the both of us up! Jordan says he is leaning toward Voldemort, he insists the name is misrepresented by Tom Riddle.
I am glad to have a husband! Really though, the comfort of marriage is indescribably different than any other form of companionship The statement of marriage is that of total commitment. I love that he is a constant in my life. I know I can come home from a terrible day and he will talk out my problems until I feel better.

Voldemort is a nice addition to our family!

1 comment:

Dragon said...

You mean 'Dragon' right?
Thanks for my new family member. And I've been trying to think of a new name... but now I can't get 'Voldemort' out of my mind. You had to go and carve that name into internet stone.