March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Day!

Things I Happened to Notice This St. Paddy's Day Weekend

*A 7 year old girl ordered a salad and asked for water =DREAM CHILD
*High school girl in PROM DRESS meekly fighting the line at Tucano's Brazillian Buffet... what was her date thinking with that reservation!?
*A guy jogging in a green shirt. Commitment. 
*Not a single GREEN BEER (Provo!) 
*Families wearing non-matching shades of green drove me nuts a little. 
It's like a family portrait session gone fashionably wrong! 
*Carnations dyed green
*"The Green Village" on University & University
 *Old couple going out to dinner; him-- suit, her-- grandma sweater


Last night we went to dinner at Tucano's with our friends Cami & Ephraim as well as two other couple friends of theirs. Jordan was being a little ornery because initially I thought we should just skip the tradition of wearing green because I didn't want to be one of those nerdy families I saw all day at work, but when I got home and saw a closet full of a variety of beautiful green outfits, I thought, "Why not cheese it up?" and so I forced him to wear green against his will. Green happens to be his favorite color, so he protested the wearing of it on the same day everyone else was wearing it because every other day of the year nobody would even so much as notice his handsome green tops. I pulled a pouty face and convinced him to celebrate with the rest of we Irish! It was Jordan's first time at Tucano's. Neither of us really feel buffets are ever worth the money or have that great a quality of food, but Cami had a "One Free Meal" coupon for us to use so we dug in! They didn't have my only favorite kind of meat, beef brisket, which is probably the closest thing they would have had to a St. Patrick's Day corn-beef. :( 
The last time I had a proper St. Patrick's Day meal was quite a few years back when my Aunt Nancy made corn-beef & cabbage and hours later my older brother was asking, "When did I eat that? I don't remember eating any corn-beef!?" as he threw it up in their garage after several too many beers. Surprisingly enough, he, my cousins and I still debated hitting up the Del Taco drive thru by drunken foot, but luckily were convinced otherwise. 

Here are just a few pictures from our St. Paddy's Day Weekend... 
See how cute he looks in green!


.............
...and then, at church today, I banked on the fact that everyone would be thinking that they're too cool to be that guy who wore a green tie to church just because it was St. Paddy's Day yesterday because that would be like wearing a way nerdy Christmas tie with Santa, a Christmas tree or a snowman on it every Sunday in December. So they would all be anti-green, which meant that if I wore green today I would totally stand out and be that girl who took it there! Yessss!! So i picked my brightest most obvious green dress and paired it with my jacket from last night. Yes, I went there! 

Then, on the way home from church, I made Jordan take the long route (the out-of-the-way route actually) home and we stopped by my favorite truck in town! My favorite truck in the world actually!! It's so old and beat up, but so wonderfully lime green! Just imagine how I would look driving down the street in this beauty. It's been parked in the same parking lot for months now, but no for sale sign. Maybe I should leave a "For Sale?" note to owner with my number and this picture on the windshield. (The picture would be included to show how desperately I need it!)

Jordan has decided we are going to start making a color-wheel out of photos of my many colorful outfits. 
Because I love to do a matchy thing and wear monochromatic outfits all the time! (Clinton Kelly would have my head!)

(Jordan wearing a RED tie, so as not to fall in the un-cool category)

No comments: