March 20, 2012

Pretty Little LiArs!

Last night was the season finale of "Pretty Little Liars," but since Jordan and I don't have television we have to wait in anticipation every week until it's released on hulu the following day. Jordan wasn't initially hooked, but I have loved it since I discovered it [by glorious mistake] mid-season, last year. Thanks to modern internet technology [what did we do before hulu?] I was able to catch up in the first season and follow along [a day behind everyone else] without having any clues leaked due to my one day buffer. Jordan says he decided to start watching [mid season two] because he wanted to be doing something I liked with me... but I know he's in it for the pretty girls and drama. His favorite is Hannah! Not. He hates her. We usually curl up every Tuesday night on the bed and watch it together, it's a nice end to my day off-- spending time with the hubs and guiltlessly enjoying my one television guilty pleasure!
Well, tonight [last night rather] was the season two finale and the teasers and commercials were abuzz that "A" would finally be revealed. Since we couldn't celebrate with the rest of the fan world last night, I decided to make tonight a fun season finale viewing party just for the two of us...
First, I did my hair like Hannah has been doing hers lately. [Yes, I realize these are not real people I am referring to, but it's fun to get into the characters of such and obviously unrealistic catty high school chick program. Plus I haven't loved a show so much since Netflix got me hooked on "Lost" and I watched the entire six seasons in a matter of months.] Then I put on what I, at first felt was a very 'Spencer outfit,' but the shoes and jewelry were very 'Aria' or 'Hannah.' Either way-- I was more smokin' than I typically dress on my day off and loved being able to have a reason to dress up, no matter how silly a reason. I haven't worn these heels since my bachelorette party because Jordan is too short for them and I'm self conscious if I'm way taller than him. Driving in them was a task, the right foot was fine, but I drive stick and getting the clutch in as far as I needed in these five inchers wasn't easy.


Then, tonight I plAnned A surprise "A"-themed dinner celebrAtion... 

Angel hAir pAstA w/ Alfredo-pesto creAm & AspArAgus w/ Artichoke

Apricot nectAr cocktAil mix w/ blueberry & pomegrAnite juice


 Even when I had the cans of Apricot juice out on the table with the Asparagus garnishing the pasta, Jordan still didn't understand what his surprise was. I had to tell him what each item was called with heavy emphasis on the "aaaa" sounds and then he put it altogether... man! and he thinks he's so smart he could figure the whole show out, huh? He can't even figure out dinner and it's right in front of him. Goose. 

Apricot topped Angel food cAke w/ Apricot-buttercreAm frosting

So good he needed seconds! 

And last, we curled up in bed and watched our show. I am still mourning that the season is over and I wont be getting my PLL fix for a while. I just love the mystery of it. I wish it were one long long movie so I could just figure out 'who-dunnit' already! 

Things we learned tonight: 
*Jordan is not the mastermind he thinks he is. He couldn't even put the dinner "A" clues together and they were right under his nose. We also placed bets before the show and he still thinks "A" is Hannah because she loves drama so much she would even bring it upon herself. ??? Weirdo. 
*It is official, I do not like angel food cake. Bleh. It's not terrible, but definitely not my taste. I like denser pound cakier cakes. 
*Mona is "A" or part of the "A-team" as she said herself. I knew, though Jordan told me all media said "A" would be revealed on the finale episode, that s/he would not be completely revealed because "Pretty Little Liars" is a huge hit and when "A" is finally revealed it would be the end to a good show and this was a season finale not a show finale. [This knowledge makes me the mastermind!] I still think there are more people involved that we haven't even been introduced to yet. 

AAAAAnyway, it was fun to make something out of nothing and have a nice at-home date night with my babe.
[...oh, and I'm glad Maya's dead.] 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In defense of Jordan, when a man looks at dinner he thinks "food, drink" and just maybe he thinks "pasta, juice" and then something like "must eat."
-A

Steph M said...

NO TV?! Oh my, my weekly shows are definitely my escape; My very own 'me time'. I have been tempted to pick up on Pretty Little Liars, but I feel that Joe would criticize me for having yet another 'teeny-bopper' addiction! But I DO LOVE your creativity. Pretty sure that Joe would have just been like "Why did you put Asparagus with my pasta?" and not understand the puns either. ...hmmmmm, Mastermind Amber- Have you determined who ^this^ 'A' is?

Slamber Use said...

Yes, no tv! My dad said back in his day all that was on was static anyway-- so it was watch static or maaaaake static! hmm...! ;)