March 6, 2012

...Must Love Kittens.

On Sunday we had some [potential]/[new] friends over for dinner. They moved into our apartment complex two doors down. For secretive blog purposes we will call them, "Clarissa" [Explains It All] and "Jeff." Clarissa went out with me and some girls from work for Girls Night a few weeks back and I thought immediately, 'Yeah, we're gonna be friends she and I, yeah.' In case she is reading this I don't want to come off too nerdy and desperate for friends, hence the secret code names because then they will never know it is them. Unless they put two and two together that they were over on Sunday... in which case I'll deny it all! Claiming we have friends over aaaaalllllll the time and I am not up to date on my blogs, so I wasn't necessarily talking about THIS past Sunday in particular. ...which will also earn me cool friend points because then she will think I have so many friends I can't even keep up on blogging about my Sunday evening spent with each!
So-- since I thought we had such good friend potential; like if we took one of those compatibility tests in high school where they tell you your top 5 best matches, I invited her and her husband over for dinner. And yes, board games. [I should ask her if she wants to do a free trial on match.com to see how many levels of compatibility we actually connect on? I bet it is like at least 103 of the 141 levels.]
I made tacos and taco salad for dinner and made it all look really fancy so our new friends would love us! I told Dragon we should have prepared juice glasses with fruit at the bottom with a straw and everything and then he should just be really creepy and stand by the door with the frosted glasses behind his back (because our wooden [more like cardboard] door was open and we just had the glass screen door open to let in the sunlight and cool air) --and then when they came he should say, "Oh hellooo, welcome!" all super cheesy-like. But super serious also. And then as they walked in just pull his hands out from behind his back and offer them an "ice cold refreshing beverage." See, the whole time I was cooking Drago was making fun of me for 'trying too hard,' but I was trying just the right amount to make and maintain friends. Plus I think it is funny to come off as a little weird. Or maybe by weird I mean overbearing... because that is how I am a little. [Just ask Jordan about our entire courtship!] And after all; I would feel totally special and welcome by someone who was trying so hard to try hard to look like she was not trying hard except only to be trying hard in an ironic way. Like I know I am trying hard and that's what makes me so funny-- because I know how desperate I appear.
Side note: if you know me, you totally know this is how I am. I am all about leaving an impression, but a weird one that ordinarily people would be like, "well that was a weird experience, him jumping at us with that juice like that," only in my case I want them to be like, "well that was a weird experience, him jumping at us with juice like that-- I love it!" 


Well, dinner was so yummy! I made a pretty delicious dessert too.

I tried my hand at Angel Food, but after tasting the batter (yuck!), I tossed it and settled on white pudding cakes with mixed berries. 

You can just call me "Ambie Homemaker" 

Close-up of deliciousness & perfection! 

Dragon ALWAYS trying to eat my creations before it's time. 

Games were fun! [...oh crap I just realized when we opened Scategories-- we had not yet played it before, so all the contents were individually wrapped still and we had to put the parts together-- they are totally going to know I was talking about them. "Clarissa,' "Jeff," we love you!! Please don't real life 'unfriend' us!] Aaand, I'm dumb. I just realized I all but published their address earlier. Fail. 

Well, there goes that-- another one bites the dust.
MWF seeking friendship.
Strictly platonic.
34"/ 28"/30"  
Shoe: 8.5 (We can share!) 
Comment to exchange pix .. JK!  
Must love kittens. 


No comments: