November 18, 2012

Almost halfway!

Oh hey there!    

Time for an 18 week update...
My morning sickness has just about passed, but has been unfortunately replaced with horrible gas pains!

I am recently starting to show and everyone says, "You're so small." Most often that happens at work-- where I wear a chefs coat and that pretty much makes me look like a shapeless brick, so not like anyone could see my bump anyway. 
I don't feel SMALL! 
As I have recently started to show a little. 
...not much, not enough for people who don't know I'm pregnant to assume I were pregnant. I basically just look like I ate a big Thanksgiving dinner. 
I have a permanent "food baby." 
I'm having a hard time dressing this 'chubby phase' because if I wear form fitting clothes people will just look at me like, 'Why is that chubby girl dressing like Lizzie McGuire?' Jordan says no one will think this, but I know the cruel world of girls! 
When I dress loosey gosey I just feel frumpy. Like I'm not pulling off the cover up. 

Here is a pic from church earlier. 
Baby Bump is definitely present, so don't know how anyone can say I'm small. I guess for 5 months, but I thought I was actually a little on the chubbier side in the past few weeks, so maybe now I'm just growing into myself. 


Pregnancy Complaints...
I have to pee all the time!
ALL THE TIME. 
Sometimes I use the bathroom and minutes later I have to go again, it's usually just uncomfortable pressure on my bladder because half the time only a tinkle comes out. Oh the joy of pregnancy, enjoy it with me now in detail. Just kidding. I'll spare you. However, I am a very lazy person, so running to the bathroom just for a tinkle seems a horrible waste of my time. I would never get out of bed to use the restroom before pregnancy and now is no different. I will complain and complain and complain [and then whine a little] before I get up and just go.
 I have told Jordan I am going to get DEPENDS for night time so I wont have to be bothered by getting up. [I told you... L-A-Z-Y-!]
And as far as training myself to become an early riser [because it's going to be a whole new life when Baby comes around.] Well, My body is already preparing me for that because my bladder wont let me sleep in past 9. 
And man that is too early for me when I work late nights! 


Things I miss... 
 I do miss sushi. I've been wanting some of that lately, but not really a craving. 
Mostly just the yumminess of the seaweed and rice with wasabi. I could always get veggie rolls or even cooked rolls of approved seafood would be okay. [This aint yo' mamma's pregnancy no mo' and so certain seafoods which are considered to have a low mercury count are allowed.] However, cross contamination is a fear and I don't think I'll risk it. 
I was thinking of getting some wasabi peas on my next visit to the grocery store in hopes that that might tide me over for... 4 more months plus breastfeeding... a while.
I miss sandwiches. There's been a recent outbreak of something unpronounceable and so deli meats are not pregnancy safe. I have to thoroghly cook the meat before eating it and I've just never been a fan of toasted subs. 
And I especially miss TUNA sandwiches! 
YUM! 

Okay, well that's me and Baby. 
Next appointment is Wednesday where Baby will hopefully reveal it's gender to us! 
I'm really feeling it's a girl. 


Okay, buh-bye now. 

No comments: